Condensed milk flan (Mexican caramel pudding) is a super delicious dessert perfect for a get together or party. Give a try to this melt in mouth flan and Also Check out another variety of flan recipes listed in my blog: Caramel Flan.
- Eggs-5 large
- Condensed milk-1 can (396 gm)
- Vanilla essence-2 tsp
- Evaporated milk-1 can
- Fresh milk-500 ml
- Sugar- 1/2 cup
- For making caramel pour the sugar in to a heavy bottom pan and cook on medium-high flame.
- Keep stirring the pan occasionally until the sugar melts completely in to golden brown.
- Switch off the flame and quickly pour the caramel in to greased pudding pan and spread it in the bottom. (You can pour them in to small containers or a single pan)
- For making the flan blend all other ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour in to the caramel topped pudding pan and steam cook covered for about 25-30 minutes on stove top or bake in a pre-heated oven for about 1 hour in water bath.
- After cools down completely refrigerate for about 3-4 hours;
- Invert carefully in to a serving pan; Serve chilled and enjoy!!!
Note: You can replace the evaporated milk with normal milk or fresh cream.