Vermicelli pola is an easy Malabar style ifthar snack. Try this quick recipe and leave your feed back’s in the comment box belolw.
- Egg-3 large
- Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Milk-1 cup
- Thin vermicelli-1/2 cup
- Ghee-2 1/2 tbsp
- Mix egg, sugar and cardamom powder.
- When they combine well; add milk and mix again.
- Heat a non stick pan with 2 tsp of ghee; fry cashew and raisins. Take it out from the pan.
- In to the same pan add vermicelli and roast for few minutes.
- Keep it aside.
- In the pan, add 1/2 tsp of ghee and add half of the egg mix.
- Cover the lid and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes; open the pan and spread vermicelli evenly on top.
- Cover it again; cook another 5 minutes.
- Open the lid and garnish on top with fried cashew and raisins.
- Once again close the lid and cook for another 10 minutes on low flame.
- Now carefully turn in to other side and cook 5 minutes more.
- Cut in to slices after cools down.