Neyyada is a tdaditional Malabar style ifthar snack that can be prepared within minutes with less efforts. It is a no fry no snack idea. Try this easy layered snack at your home and leave your valuable feedback’s in the comment box below.
Check out the video f making Neyyada to ease your cooking process:
- Flour (maida)-1 cup
- Water-1 1/2 cup
- Salt-to taste
- Eggs-4 large
- Sugar 1/4 cup (or more)
- Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Ghee-about 1/4 cup
- Fried cashews-to garnish
- Black sesame seeds-to
- In to a blender add flour, water and salt; blend well. Keep it in a bowl.
- In another bowl mix eggs with sugar, cardamom powder and turmeric well. Combine well without any lumps.
- In a steamer pan; add water; boil it.
- Place a wide steel plate on top; grease with ghee.
- Pour a ladle of flour batter and spread thinly.
- Cover the lid and cook for two minutes only.
- Open the lid; above that spread a ladle of egg water; spread evenly all over.
- Cover it and cook for two minutes.
- Open it and spread little ghee on top.
- Then pour flour batter’ followed by egg batter and then sprinkle ghee.
- Continue layering until the batter gets finished.
- On the top layer garnish with fries cashews and sprinkle some black sesame seeds; Cover and cook for two minutes.
- Allow to cools down completely and cut them in to slices.