My easy egg salad recipe makes the nice egg salad sandwiches. It starts offevolved with flawlessly difficult boiled eggs and a creamy dressing. Make egg salad sandwiches or serve in lettuce wraps for a light meal.
Developing up, we might often have egg salad sandwiches for lunch. My mother’s recipe for egg salad turned into easy, with just eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
|Easy Egg Salad Recipe|
You could make this delicious egg salad in advance and refrigerate it for 3 days, so it’s incredible for meal prep. In case you cook your eggs beforehand of time, this healthy egg salad recipe comes collectively in just mins. It’s best for a fast lunch. For greater clean lunch thoughts, try my excellent bird salad recipe or my classic tuna salad.
Egg salad is a healthful meal alternative. Eggs are an less expensive, high protein meals. They may be nutrient-dense and fill you up so that you won’t be hungry once more proper away.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt or mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper or to taste
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion or to taste
- Cook eggs: Fill a pot with cool water and add the eggs. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover the pot with a lid, turn off the heat and let stand for 14 minutes.
- Immediately drain the hot water and fill the pot with cold water and ice. Let sit for 10 minutes and then peel the eggs.
- Or, cook eggs in an Instant Pot.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, plain Greek yogurt (or mayonnaise), salt and pepper.
- Chop the eggs and add them to the bowl, along with the chopped red onion.
- Stir until well combined.
- Taste and season, as needed.
- Serve egg salad in a sandwich with lettuce, on toasted bread topped with sliced avocado, or in lettuce wraps.