Hawaiian Garlic Shrimp have so much garlic flavor and are pleasant served over a mattress of white rice to absorb the garlic sauce. This clean appetizer or meal can be made in only minutes.
This is a easy dish with not a whole lot of elements so it’s important to use shrimp which are as fresh as viable. In case you don’t live near the coast, it’s exceptional to use frozen shrimp. They will genuinely be your freshest preference. Just run them below a few room temperature water to thaw them simply before you cook them.
|Hawaiian Garlic Shrimp Recipe|
Generally Hawaiian Garlic Shrimp are cooked with the shells on and also you consume them peel-and-consume style. I love to peel them, leaving the tail on. they are a lot less complicated to devour this way.
While you cook the garlic, make sure to cook it simply till golden brown. Garlic can cross from golden to burnt inside the blink of a watch and then it will likely be ruined. A few foods flavor properly a bit burnt, but now not garlic.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil, divided
- 12 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Hawaiian sea salt, or any sea salt
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined but leave tails on
- Combine flour, paprika and salt in a bowl. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick pan. Heat over medium heat. Add garlic and cook just until it starts to turn golden. Remove garlic with a slotted spoon place in a bowl. Be sure to remove all of the garlic. Any left behind will burn.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the butter and oil left in the pan. Heat over medium-high heat. Add half the shrimp. Cook just for about 1 minute per side. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add a little more oil to pan if necessary and cook remaining shrimp. Remove shrimp from pan and wipe pan clean.
- Add wine to pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cut remaining butter in pieces and add to pan along with lemon juice. Once butter is melted, return garlic and shrimp to pan. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and add additional salt if desired.Serve over white rice.